WELCOME!!! TO THE MASTI SAMAY

Hi Friends, U'll find all Fun, Masti, & Entertaining stuff here. New contents & masti will be updated daily so keep visiting the Masti Junction...
http://www.mastisamay.co.cc/
If U Have Any Cool E-Mails then Forward it to me & I'll Post It Here With Ur Name.
Mail Me At
mastisamay@gmail.com

Receive Our posts in E-mail

just enter your email address(privacy assured):

Is Your Lucky Bamboo Turning Yellow ?...here's how to save it

When I had first bought my lucky bamboo, I was advised by the shopkeeper to just water it once in a week. And thereafter I happily watered it with Tap water, as I believed tap water will help the plant grow. And to my despair I just watched it turn yellow and finally Die. Thereafter I have learned to grow the plant and have made this post, for all my Friends and Lucky Bamboo Lovers.

Later I had bought another plant and its growing happily obviously due to proper care...

Here I have tried and answered most of your curious questions related to "Lucky Bamboo Turning Yellow" which would come to ones mind, but if you still have any questions please fell free to write to me, it would be helpful if you can attach some pictures of your plant.




Normally the reasons when Lucky Bamboo stalks turn yellow, it is an indication of something in the water, or a sign that the plant has been overfed. If the plant is exposed to too much sun even once in it's life time it will turn yellow. During the winter if it is kept in extremely cold water it will turn yellow. If it is infected it will turn yellow.

Yellow parts in Lucky Bamboo represent the dead cells of the plant or we can say that the plant is dying, and needs your love and care.

If you are using too salty or heavily-fluoridated tap water to feed your lucky bamboo then it can be prevented by leaving tap water exposed to the air for a day before plant use. Salty or softened water can also cause this. The water should be bottled water, soft tap water with very little fluoride, or even water from a filtered, established aquarium. You can also change the water to filter water and see the improvements.

Also another reason is due to strong light.

Lucky Bamboo grow well in indirect sunlight. It does best in bright, indirect lighting and temperatures from 15 to 25 °C (59 to 77 °F)

This type of Bamboo cannot grow outdoors. It burns easily under direct sun light. The leaves will turn yellow and eventually die. Remember to always keep the plant indoors only. It is advised to change the lighting conditions by moving the Lucky Bamboo to a shaded area with more indirect sun light or to favorable conditions as mentioned above. My only other suggestion is to place the bamboo in a dark room for a few days and then bring it back out into the light to see if it perks up at all.



If your leaves are turning yellow then we recommend plucking them off with your fingers. This way you avoid the brown cut marks made by the interaction between the plant and the metal from the scissor blade. Yellow leaves should be plucked off as soon as possible.

Also it is common in plants that the leaves turn yellow, as the plant has to shed its old leaves for the new leaves to grow. So don't worry much and just pluck it off with your fingers and soon new leaves will grow back.

If your plant is getting infected due to pests then it is advised to soak it in some diluted  anti-septic for a few hours, as it will help the plant keep clean and obviously avoid the pests.


Reviving Lucky Bamboo

However, if the stalk is yellowing and/or soft to the touch, cut the yellow part from the rest of the plant as soon as possible and put the green part in water and it will grow back again. If you cannot save it then replace with a new stalk.

You can revive the bamboo if it is wrinkling. Wrinkling happens when a healthy plant doesn't receive enough water through it's roots. If this happens, place it in a tall glass or pitcher of water for about 3-4 days. Make sure that as much as possible is submerged without having the leaves under water.

11 comments:

  1. Please address the issue of the stem turning yellow, from the BOTTPM UP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent advise thank you very much, easy to follow advise & perfectly explains my adopted Bamboo plants wrinkling problem. Thought it might be lack of water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I've been raising lucky bamboo for a while now but I've never had a problem quote like this before. I just got back from a 10 day trip and I came home to my mini lucky bamboo being yellow or almost completely yellow. It's been getting down to the 20s and 30s at night an I had moved it out of the warmest room in the house just before I left, because we'd taken all of the tables and shelves out of the room. I know about cutting off the good part of the stalk to save the plant however because it's so small I'm not sure if it will make it or grow the way I was hoping it would. I'd like some advice. It's been a few days since I've been back and I'm not sure what to do. Below is a link to an image of my bamboo plant right now:
    http://sta.sh/018mjjf1pwlz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The town I live in just because aware of our water supply being stagnant , well I only give the plants charcoal filtered water anyway none the less the stalks are yellow they have the right light I rinsed them changed there pots threw out the rocks the roots look great but there stalks say there gonna die do you think baking soda water will save them??

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lucky bamboo stalks have always been in the same container. They've been growing like crazy for the last few years, even producing new shoots from the bottom. In the last month, one of the two stalks is turning yellow and when I finally broke down to clean the container (it was flourishing so much I didn't want to fix what wasn't broken), the root system on the one stalk stinks. I've cleaned everything and replaced, but it is still continuing to yellow. Am I going to have to abandon the one stalk and replace it with another? You mentioned antiseptic. What could I use that won't harm the stalk (i.e., kill it outright)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my bamboo next to my fish tank and well a while ago I had something kill my fish it caused a strange jelly to occur over night, I mention the fish because I was cleaning my bamboo, months after the fish died and I just gave up and got rid of the tank, now all of a sudden I found evidence of this jelly in the roots of my bamboo, of course my bamboo was turning yellow and I couldn't figure out what was causing it until I spotted the evil jelly grossness, so of course I freaked out. I took bamboo out cleaned the roots carefully but thoroughly, sterilized my cups, and other tools, pot, so on, then when I set my bamboo up again I made a vitamin water where I take vitamin D3 and fish oil gel capsules and break them open, squeezing the drops of gel in a very small transparent condiment container, can find them in baking sections in stores, I tend to do this with most of my plants when they get sick, I try to mimic vitamins and nutrients the plants would get in their more natural environment. Anyways, after doing this, the bamboo started turning green again almost instantly, the dead parts that were gone, stayed dead, but the parts that looked like they could be dead any second started to liven up in front of me, yellow going away. So anyone else with this problem, try what I did, and if anyone knows anything else about the jelly, please, let me know, I'm afraid my solution isn't a long term one, I just don't want my bamboo to end up like the gold fish. Bamboo for sale isn't very common around my town, so what I have is what I got, and I love my bamboo it's one of the few plants that agree with me, since I like a semi-dark environment as well, I've had my bamboo for 2 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey..
    My plant is turning yellow and leaves are getting dry when m changing the water regularly and keeping on a window shelf corner still its dying...i really want to save it.. please help...water m using drinking water the water i drink i use the same for the plant

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had my plant for a few months now, but it's recently been yellowing. I keep it near a large window, so too direct sunlight oils be a factor. I also use "filtered" refrigerator water, as that is the best I had access to. I'm unsure of what I should do. Would it be best to cut the yellowing stalk off? It's turning from the top. I would attach a picture, but I don't know how : / I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anything you want to know go to ...you tube and search ..the lucky bamboo expert..he have a lot of videos on lucky bamboo..all i know i learned from him...

      Delete
  9. Hello, my stalks are dead. A few out of many, like you said they are blackened and soft to touch. Do I need to remove them from killing other helathy green stalks.

    ReplyDelete